Trying out Sandwich Bag Drawing for my sunshine’s lunches!
I saw this dad who drew on bags…and I draw on foods and cut foods. So I figured I can draw on a bag also!
This was the Back to School endeavor!
SUNFLOWER BUTTER SANDWICH
The school went completely nut free. We are a peanut butter and hazelnut crazed family!
I AM AT WAR!!!! Against Squirrels no less! I looked out of my window yesterday to find about 7 squirrels digging up my back yard! I went out my front door to find holes all over my front lawn! I am at this point afraid to transport my garden and add more because they are already destroying everything…not to mention starving the poor birds out!
Whoever said squirrels were cute were out of their minds! I find nothing adorable about these vermin. My first thought was to get a BB GUN and go to town, but the reality is, is that I would never have the heart to actually shoot at them! So what is a girl to do…TAKE TO PINTEREST! DUH!
So, so far I have found a plethora of home remedies. I am on a mission and this is what I am working with:
1. Hair: apparently human or animal, will deter the tuckers because of the oils.
2. Cat litter: Which would be great if I had a cat. Even better, how about these stray cats that come around do me a favor and get these squirrels!
3. There were some pellets on Amazon that were like $50 but I don’t think these critters are worth that much, so I won’t even bother remembering the name of them!
4. Irish Spring Soap: Now I hear this works great! Just grate it over your lawn and you will not only have the cleanest smelling garden, but a rodent free one as well! (And yes people, squirrels fall in the same category as rats and mice!)
5. Peppers: Now this seems more logical and more readily available to me! Apparently any hot peppers will do the trick.
I think I will buy some ground cayenne and pour it all over my yard and see what happens! If that doesn’t work, I will have a sudsy Irish Spring clean lawn. And of course, i could always break down and get a garden fence, but that does nothing about the squirrels digging holes everywhere for acorns!
Wish me luck!
These yummy yummy bags were filled with Chocolate Chip cookie Cream cheese brownie balls!
Page 1 of 24